Would you like to receive our newsletter? SIGN UP HERE
Would you like to find out more about a challenge?
Looking for a great deal? VIEW SPECIAL OFFERS
Travel and Cycle Insurance

In order to participate in a Global Adventure challenge, it is compulsory that you have travel insurance for any Overseas Challenge and it is recommended for any UK Challenge.


Act now! 

Travel insurance is a vital aspect to booking your challenge, giving you protection against unforeseen circumstances that could otherwise spoil your challenge. As stated in our booking conditions, it is important that you purchase travel insurance immediately, that properly covers not only your participation in the activities you may undertake but also your registration fee should you need to cancel before the event.

We have arranged competitive personal travel insurance with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited. Please click HERE to link to the on-line application site.

Important Information

If you are taking part in The Lapland Husky Trail you must select the additional Winter Sports cover as you progress through your quote.

If you are taking part in a cycling event you must select Activity Pack 2 as you progress through your quote.

If you are taking part in either the Kilimanjaro Trek or Peru Inca Trail Trek you must select Activity Pack 5 as you progress through your quote.

Failure to select the relevant additional cover/Activity Pack will mean you may not be covered properly for the activities you undertake on your challenge and this could affect any claim you may make.

If you are taking part in any of the following challenges you will need to call the Insurance UK Contact Centre Team on 0330 880 3625 for a quote, it is not possible to generate a policy on-line:

Dalai Lama Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek
Himalaya Trek
Mount Toubkal Trek

It is not compulsory for you to take out this insurance, you may already have your own provider, but our booking conditions do require you to obtain travel insurance. Please be aware that we are not authorized to vet or check your own personal travel insurance policy details, therefore you are solely responsible for ensuring that you have adequate personal travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the challenge in respect of at least medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment. You should also make sure there are no exclusion clauses limiting protection for the type of activities included in the challenge.


Please be aware that most travel insurance companies will not cover your bicycle as part of the policy. Therefore please see below about cycle insurance offered through one of our affiliate partners Velosure.

Velosure Cycle Insurance offers complete protection for you and your cycle – or cycles!

As keen cyclists ourselves, we understand how important it is to be completely covered with the right protection for your needs and for minimal fuss. Having researched the insurance market, we felt there was not enough protection offered where cyclists actually needed it. This is why we provide a diverse range of polices through Velosure Cycle Insurance.

No other cycle specific policy on the market offers this depth of cover at such competitive prices… With an award-winning customer service team to boot.

Here’s what you can get peace of mind on with the policies we provide:

  • Sport & Events 
  • Cycle rescue
  • Multi-bike
  • Accidental damage
  • Theft
  • Worldwide cover
  • Accessory & gear cover

Just click on the Velosure name to link to their website.

We advise you to leave details of both your travel and bike insurance at home with your next of kin, in addition to taking copies with you on the challenge. 


We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By clicking Accept or continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. For more information, click Find out More.